Would you like to join our team?
Pollinate is looking for a Graphics Architect to work on Spectrum, our product customization platform. From Under Armour sports uniforms to Leatherman hand tools, Spectrum brings realtime 3D product visualization, service-side 3D rendering, factory integration, and robust user analytics to a variety of popular brands.
A successful Graphics Architect will make a big impact on our platform and processes, helping us win new clients, win repeat business with existing ones, and make our platform scale. You will work with 3D modelers, software engineers, UX designers, and business stakeholders to design and manage the development of the next generation of our rendering architecture. You will demonstrate curiosity about the needs of our clients, project teams, the platform team, and the math behind the technology you will use to support them. You will demonstrate adaptability as circumstances and priorities change.
You will be able to distinguish between prototypes and long-term solutions. Your prototypes will demonstrate new opportunities. Your long-term solutions will run reliably on devices ranging from mobile phones to cloud servers; scale across a growing client roster with thousands of products; and be readily debugged and maintained by other developers.
- Managing development, maintenance, and optimization of Spectrum’s 3D graphics architecture
- Reviewing and implementing new technologies and techniques such as:
- Babylon.js (especially IBL and other PBR features)
- glTF 2.0, glTF extensions, and extension proposals
- Refraction, Fresnel, caustic, and other optical effects
- AR/VR formats (USDZ and WebXR)
- Working with a multidisciplinary team, including:
- Presenting research to technical and non-technical audiences
- Designing APIs and building software with frontend and backend web developers
- Helping 3D modelers by leading the development of automation tools
- Helping UX designers by creating 3D data abstractions and storage solutions compatible user friendly data administration UIs
- Participating in code reviews of related platform software
- Soliciting code reviews from other platform engineers
- Representing Pollinate in open source graphics software and standards projects
- Mentoring other developers and modelers interested in graphics programming
- Writing clean code and clear documentation
Desired Skills and Experience
- A strong math background, especially in linear algebra
- Demonstrable experience building software with WebGL
- Demonstrable experience developing custom shaders
- Familiarity with industry research
- Experience working with 3D modelers
- Familiarity with 3D modeling software, especially Maya, and Adobe suite.
- Proficiency with WASM and the emscripten tool chain
- Proficiency with C++/Rust
Nice to Have
- Movie or similar industry experience with an emphasis on photorealism
- Graphics research demonstrated by grants, fellowships, academic or industry publications, or presentations at workshops or conferences
- Familiarity with or interest in:
- Microsoft .NET and Azure
- Functional programming paradigms
- Experience using:
- Photoshop or Illustrator scripting APIs
- Computer vision libraries
Please send any relevant information, as well as a little bit about yourself and your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.