Would you like to join our team?
Senior Front-End Developer
Pollinate’s Spectrum team is seeking a Senior Front-End Developer at our headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon. Spectrum is a Platform as a Service Product Customization engine, powering many of today’s top brand experiences: Under Armour, Levi’s and others. The platform has quickly evolved to become a world-class integration that offers 3D product visualization, factory integration, and robust analytics depicting user interaction.
A successful Senior Front-End Developer at Pollinate will have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. They will have a creative engineering thought process balanced with high level of internal and external customer satisfaction. In addition, strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions while being a highly a motivated individual will be traits that lead to success.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE but are not limited to:
- Authors applications written in JS framework (Angular, Vue, React) based mainly on existing implementations
- Authors JS libraries based on existing and/or assists architect with authoring new libraries
- Demonstrate independence with work tasks and project ownership
- Possess a firm understanding of the development lifecycle, build systems, debugging, project set up
- Manage work queue and priorities, communicating conflicts and progress to mentors and project managers.
- Serve a technical lead on projects, interfacing with client to understand requirements, plan approach, communicate solutions and risks, and present development work
- Create, maintain and distribute documentation
- Participate in scoping sessions for new projects and features
- Actively participate in sales calls and meetings
- Evaluate risk and requirements and recommend the best solutions based on all the information
Demonstrate advanced proficiency in:
- HTML and CSS
- Design tools, such as Illustrator, Sketch, Photoshop
- Fluid and responsive UI
- Authoring unit tests for applications and libraries
- Cross-browser compatibility and related troubleshooting
- Developer tools (code versioning, build processes, etc)
- XHR familiarity to integrate with back end REST API
- Generating readable, maintainable, scalable and testable code
- Performance optimization
- Search engine optimization best practices
- Unit Testing
Demonstrate familiarity with and interest in:
- Front end architecture
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers, offering thoughtful direction and feedback
- Define technical interests and career goals
- Be and remain mindful of how your code is used, understood and maintained
- Support clients and colleagues in the work at hand
- Demonstrate Pollinate’s core values of curiosity and adaptability
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Share knowledge through collaborative work sessions, brown bag presentations, blog posts
- Foster strong working relationships with UX, design and account teams
- Accurately reports weekly time with appropriate level of detail
- Estimate work effort for assigned tasks, which may be in hours or points depending on the structure of the project team
- Meet deadline commitments
Please send any relevant information, as well as a little bit about yourself and your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.